I assumed this would be a completely normal problem… But then I did a quick Google search and found several people complaining about the same issue today. I’m hoping this blog post can help others find a fix for this annoying problem.
I have a problem. Windows 10 has an issue with sleep/power button. If I sleep my computer and then use the power button to wake it up, it will sometimes loose power after a while and go into hibernation mode. It will not wake up like a normal computer, but will stay on, however, the screen will go completely black and the fans will spin up. I have tried all the fixes posted on the internet and have uninstalled drivers/uninstalled and reinstalled all that I can find for this problem. I have also tried re-installing Windows 7 and it never happened on that platform. I have tried using the power button to wake it up and it will work, but after the sleep/wake cycle it
A few days ago, my friend told me he was experiencing the same problem with his Windows 10 computer. He had been trying to solve it for a few days, but then he suddenly stopped trying. I talked to him and realized there’s a small but very common issue people run into when upgrading to Windows 10.. Read more about computer shuts down when waking from sleep windows 10 and let us know what you think.Vladimir Popescu Editor-in-Chief Vladimir, who has been an artist all his life and plays professional handball, is also fascinated by all things computer related. With an innate penchant for research and analysis, and an awareness of… Read more Updated: 11. June 2021. Published: September 2020
- Does your laptop shut down instead of falling asleep? You’re not the only one with this problem.
- The first thing you need to do is check your computer’s power settings.
- Consider upgrading the Intel Management Engine interface to resolve this issue.
- Also check the BIOS and make sure power saving mode is enabled.
We recommend Restoro PC Repair Tool to solve various PC problems: This program fixes common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware malfunctions, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance. Fix PC problems and remove viruses in 3 easy steps:
- Download the Restoro PC repair tool, which features patented technology (the patent is available here).
- Click on the Start Scan button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing the PC problems.
- To fix problems that affect the security and performance of your computer, click Repair All.
- Restoro was downloaded by 0 readers this month.
Many users report that Windows 10 shuts down instead of going into sleep mode when users choose to enable sleep mode. This problem can have several causes: computer power settings, inactive BIOS option and others. No matter how you try to put the computer into sleep mode (by briefly pressing the power button, through the Start menu, or by closing the laptop lid), the computer just shuts down. In today’s article, we cover the best troubleshooting techniques you can apply to Windows 10 when it shuts down instead of going to sleep. Perform each method carefully and verify that the problem is resolved before moving on to the next method.
What should I do when Windows 10 shuts down instead of sleeping?
1. Check the power settings of the computer
- Press Win+R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type ms-settings:powersleep and press Enter.
- Select Advanced Power Options from the Power and Hibernation window.Additional power settings – Windows 10 shuts down instead of sleeping
- On the Power Options menu, click Select what the power buttons do.
- Change the values for each of these parameters: When I press the power button to go to standby, when I press the standby button and when I close the lid.
- Click on the Save Changes button.
- Check if changing these settings fixed the problem. If not, try the following method.
2. IMEI update
- Press the Windows+X key and select Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager window, click System Devices.
- Right-click on the Intel Management Engine interface and select Properties.
- Select the Drivers tab and select Remove Device.
- Restart your computer.
- Download the latest version of the IMEI driver. Download IMEI driver
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the configuration.
If your laptop shuts down instead of sleeping, there may be a problem with an outdated driver. Here is a quick solution to update these drivers without any extra manual work. This eliminates the need to search and check which version you need to download and install. Driveris indispensable for your PC and all the programs you use every day. If you want to avoid crashes, hangs, errors, delays or other problems, you need to keep it up-to-date. The constant search for driver updates takes time. Fortunately, you can use an automated solution that safely checks for new updates and easily applies them, which is why we highly recommend DriverFix:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Start the application.
- Wait until DriverFix has detected all defective drivers.
- Now the program will show all drivers that have problems, and you just need to select the one you want to fix.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the latest drivers.
- Restart the computer for the changes to take effect.
Drivers will no longer be an issue when you download and start using this powerful software today. Denial: This program must be upgraded from the free version to perform specific actions.
3. Check the BIOS and make sure power saving mode is enabled.
- Restart the computer and press the appropriate key to open the BIOS.
- Access the power management configuration.
- Find the Power Save option and turn it on.
- Save and exit the BIOS.
- If the option is enabled, follow the steps below.
Message: Depending on your computer, the way to access the BIOS differs, as does the BIOS menu.
4. Troubleshooting Windows
- Press the Windows+X key on your keyboard and select Settings.
- Select Update & Security in the Settings window.
- Click Troubleshooting on the right-hand menu, and then click Power on the left-hand menu.
- Select Run Troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
- See if this solves your problem.
If you also want to prevent your PC from falling asleep and getting hung up, read our comprehensive guide on the best tools to prevent your PC from falling asleep and getting hung up. We hope our solutions have helped you solve the situation where Windows 10 shuts down instead of sleeping. For any other suggestions or questions, please use the comment box below. Still having problems? Repair them with this tool:
- Download this PC recovery tool with excellent reviews on TrustPilot.com (download starts on this page).
- Click on the Start Scan button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing the PC problems.
- Click Repair All to fix problems with patented technology (exclusive discount for our readers).
Restoro was downloaded by 0 readers this month. Frequently asked questions Not enough details. It’s hard to understand Other Contact an expert Take part in the discussionI have been having trouble with my Windows 10 laptop shutting down instead of sleep for the past few weeks. This is a very annoying problem, because I constantly have to wait for it to boot back up. I have seen others complain about it on Twitter and Reddit, but they are all stuck in the same issue. I have looked at the Troubleshooting section of the user guide, but I am not having much luck. Does anyone have any advice on what to try next?. Read more about computer shuts down in sleep mode windows 10 and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does my computer shut down instead of sleep Windows 10?
Many Windows 10 users have reported issues with the operating system shutting down instead of going into sleep mode. This is the problem that has been causing this issue, and it can be resolved by reading the instructions below. I recently had this problem with Windows 10 and I finally found a solution.
How do I fix sleep mode and shut down Windows 10?
If you’re still running Windows 10 and you realize that sleep mode is no longer working, the culprit is likely one of the two following issues: 1. You’re running the wrong power plan. 2. Your devices are sucked up in a power loop. I just updated my Microsoft operating system and it appears that my computer is shutting down when in sleep mode and the screen turns off too soon. I want to know how to get this fixed.
How come when I press the sleep button it shuts down?
A few days ago, I started having this problem. It was the night, I had installed an app. I tried shutting down my computer and closing the app to see if it would stop the problem. It did not. It started again the next night, and every other night since. The problem is, when I shut down my computer, it stays on for 4 hours. On my HTC 10 (the 916, not the 10) I’ve had the issue where the phone shuts down instead of sleeping. The issue is so bad that I’m currently using a different phone. Fortunately, I can fix the issue.
desktop shuts down in sleep modewindows 10 desktop pc shuts down instead of sleeppc shuts down when put to sleepwindows 7 shuts down instead of sleepcomputer shuts down when waking from sleep windows 10windows 10 shuts down when idle – despite changing power settings,People also search for,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,computer shuts down when waking from sleep windows 10,windows 10 shuts down when idle – despite changing power settings,desktop shuts down in sleep mode,computer shuts down in sleep mode windows 10,my laptop shuts down in sleep mode windows 10,windows 10 desktop pc shuts down instead of sleep,pc shuts down when put to sleep,windows 7 shuts down instead of sleep